Monday 19 March 2012

Famous last words


With last weeks closing words berrating my hill climbing abilities fresh in my mind it was with a small amount of fear that I agreed to join LOCO engineering’s Gareth Hayes and Johnny Williams on one of Gareth’s infamous Margham/Afan rides, the last time I rode with these two was up in the lake district in January and it would be fair to say that we were fairly evenly matched – Gareth has had a winter spent training hard, and I well, haven’t. It was going to be an interesting ride for sure…

Bright and early we set out from a small village that I cannot pronounce, after a week of trepidation the weather was actually looking good for once (I think we got rained on once in 8 hours which has to be a record for Wales…). Having lived in the area I roughly knew what to expect but too long spent in the flatlands of Bristol has obviously made me soft...



57 miles, just under 3000 meters of climbing and a whole bag of Haribo just went to prove how soft I have become, something tells me I should be spending a bit more time in Gods own country from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cycle Accident SolicitorsOur primary sponsors are CycleAid - cycle accident solicitors.

Hope Technology

On One

The Gorilla Firm

Juice Lubes

Scimitar Sports